Monday, January 2, 2012

Halfway Home

So school starts tomorrow.
It's the change of my life as I've known it (read- grown used to). I know I sound deliriously dramatic here, but it just, it feels like a lot you know?

For a few years I've politely corrected people when they say, "So how's school?" Now I'm politely correcting people when they say, "So back to work tomorrow?"
I'll miss it- work that is. It's been so much a part of my life that I'm not ready to let go of it just yet. I think that's the most part of it. Not so much the insanity that this intensive next three years will bring, but more the knowledge that I might possibly just have to give up on work completely. When work has, for the best part of the last four years, been what has kept me rooted when all else felt like it was falling away.
In any case, I don't have to give up work completely as yet (depending on schedules and stuff), so we'll see how it all goes.

With everything else-
the hour-long lunch breaks and the people I'll meet, the things I absolutely cannot wait to study, the practices I cannot wait to learn and the plays I'll get to perform,
let's see where this all takes me, shall we?


And we're set to roll in eleven and a half hours kiddo.

No comments: