Sunday, June 9, 2013

Like a breath of fresh air


So quite a few things have happened in the last week and a half.

One of them being that I've just come on board as one of the female leads in an upcoming tv series called What Do Men Want.
It's an exciting, relatable, funny string of episodes put together by Christian Lee and Jason Chan of BananaMana, who wrote and will be directing this series. And who, as if all that isn't enough on their plates, will also be playing our male leads.
I swear to God, I don't know how people like them do it- do so many things all at once.
And speaking of doing many things at once, to my right is Glory Ngim, who plays the other female lead in What Do Men Want. She too is heavily involved in theatre and lots of other projects at the same time, and while I am mostly in awe of this team who juggle acting, writing, family life and being a normal (kind of), sane (almost) person, it's also nice to know that I'm in the same space as people who are just as committed to their craft.

SO YES!
We've just come together for the first bout of photoshoots, styling, interviews and talks about the show. We're set to shoot in just a week, and will be out by the time September/October rolls around.
I'm incredibly psyched- it feels like a bit of an adventure we're going on, and I can't wait for all of you to see it(:

_____________________________________________________

Work aside,
there's been... well more work, but a different sort.
Ms C's Little Blackbox had officially come around. And I'll be talking with people about workshops I can run, whether in Singapore or otherwise, which is most exciting indeed.

Wish me luck!

_____________________________________________________

And then, just like that, we're five days away from hopping onto a plane to Perth.
There's a whole lot waiting for us on the other side (including my best friend in Melbourne who I'm dying to see), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of it.

Getting comfortable isn't always good, and I think it's about time to take myself outside of here.

So.
Ready, get set,
go(:

_____________________________________________________


"But that's not the best part. I mean, the best part, is that you get to go on an adventure. Together."

No comments: