Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"If you ain't here I just can't breathe
It's no air, no air"

I am drawn to thinking of all our smallest, tiniest interactions
But more than that,
I am fixated on how one of the biggest people in my life, one of the strongest and most beautiful person I know is breaking, now that you've gone. 
And I. 
I want to duct tape all the tears in the picture.
I want to relive the moment I loved the way you smiled at her like she was your world, and realizing that things like that were possible. 
That loving someone so much was possible. 
That being so overwhelmingly happy was possible. 

I love you both so much.
As individuals and in all your togetherness. 
I wish you were still here. 
I wish you could be.

So wherever you are, promise you'll write them postcards from far away, and say you'll be there to hold her in all the moments she misses you most. 
Because you were made for her. 
I don't know how else to put it but. You were. 
In all your weirdness you two fit like Lego blocks.
So please, leave bits of yourself behind.
Leave bits of yourself for them to find. 

No comments: