Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reach

Be patient with me,
Because I can be so very trying when I am in need. I ask questions to which I have heard the answers to, but want to hear, in your voice, over and over and over again.
Soften the blows of my day with the warmth of your laughter, the light in your eyes...
Sometimes I come home so cold and so empty that it feels like I cannot give anymore. You make me want to though, all the time. You make me save some of myself for you.
Hold me.
And when you can't, you can wrap me up in words because I will believe them.
I am a child like that-
Hanging on to every last whisper of a promise that you might have for me,
In the spaces between your I Love Yous, I Miss Yous.

Bear with me?
Because sometimes the words are too heavy on my tongue and I am too afraid to tell you all the things I want and miss and need.
And I don't want to ask so much of you and so...
Sometimes,
I just won't.
Instead, asking questions to which I have heard the answers to, but want to hear,
in your voice,
over and over and over again.

No comments: