Thursday, June 19, 2014

Women of Asia




Soooo...
I'll be honest. I've spent the last few years doing way more directing in theatre than I have acting. And yes, sure, I've kept my wheels oiled with tv and film, but there's nothing like coming back to theatre. 
Nothing like it. 
For me, here is where everything falls into place. 

Now..

 I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea but Women Of Asia opens at the LaSalle Flexi Space tomorrow!


Directed by international playwright and director, Asa Gim Palomera, this 90minute show is a collection of stories about Asian women- some are of those in power, those who are bound to tradition, those who are sold into slavery...

I feel it brings to light a lot of issues/themes that are rarely talked about or are considered taboo. 


Women of Asia has been staged in other places that include New York, Edinburgh, Melbourne and Bangkok.


Come for a collection of stories that will make you laugh at some bits and cry at others. 


Our shows run Thursday - Saturday for two weekends. 

Evening shows are at 8pm,

Matinee shows (Saturday) are at 3pm. 


Tickets are available on

Www.Ticketmash.sg


Hope to see you there!(:


 

No comments: