Wednesday, December 3, 2008

tea gone cold

I miss you.

Not just because of all the stuff we were supposed to do together and the plans we wanted to see through,
but because of your company.

It wasn't supposed to just fizz out like that. But things like that just happen, I suppose.

I miss you because of all that time we spent, just hanging out, writing, laughing,
singing.
I miss you because you're a terribly dear friend to me,
and sometimes it feels like you've disappeared.

I haven't talked about this a lot, to be honest.
And I figure that, I mean, whatever happens, happens.

For ages you've been so incredibly busy, and it was (for a while) worrying.
I guess maybe we've all been busy too.
It's just like that, you know? And we don't do anything about it.

But for the record, you weren't one of those close-for-this-moment-in-my-life sort of friend.
It's a shame that I haven't seen you in months, and don't know when I will get to.

And for what it's worth,
I really do miss you.
Terribly so, in fact.

No comments: