Saturday, February 20, 2010

word association: Happiness

Cat
Children
Birthdays
Sun
Beach
Family
Apartment
Home
LA

You blow my mind sometimes.
Your singing, threading your lyrics carefully into the bits of me that never wanted to believe.
Your lies, oh your lights.
They've warned me, they've chided me and they call me foolish.
Eejits, they think they know better.
How can they when they have never felt,
when they have never known you.
Your lights and oh, your lies.
The way the cold of you bites at me, the way your warmth fills me.
Right under my feet, it feels like this could be my forever.
Like this cigarette will never run out, like this stage will never collapse.

You are not home, but my word, you come so close.
And it is more than enough for me,
it is.
Your lies, and oh your lights.
They don't have to be as bright as they say,
but you're my path away from this
damnation.
And it is enough for me,
your lights and oh, your lies.

No comments: