Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's like picking up trash in dresses


So I thought of you in church today. Of going together, to either of ours.
Of having days where we might just go on our own, and then come home for lunch.

Of all the things I somehow feel with you.




So. I finished it. And dropped into Dropbox.
And then,
I just lay my head on the table-
my chest pounding, my fingers cold,
my head knowing that I've still got something else to finish.

For the first fifteen minutes after wrapping that up, I really didn't quite know what to do with myself. I sat in the pantry of my office, and just, stilled myself for a bit.

It's 6:21 on a Sunday evening. I've just got to finish up this last bit and I'll be off for home.
It's just this last little bit.
Really.




I sorta think we could both do with a bit of a getaway, right about now.




No comments: