Thursday, March 26, 2009

Αύγουστος'

This is what I learnt today:
There are 36,360 inches in a mile
You don't have to keep filling up your time
August is the month with the highest number of births
August, in Finnish, is called elokuu, meaning "month of reaping" or literally, "month of life"

Here's what I already knew:
Elephants can smell fermented fruit from miles away, and most elephant stampedes are caused by drunk elephants
Minnows have teeth in their throats
Kermit the frog is left-handed
Toilets flush in the key of E-minor
August is beautiful
and Mothers aren't just the people who give birth to you, they're the people you want to grow up to be

I'm feeling incredibly frustrated with myself today.
I was happy, then I wasn't. I was indecisive. I gave in to being tired and grotesque.

I could tell you random things though.
Like how I've finished reading Jodi Picoult's Handle With Care and how she's the only one who can make me cry within the first two pags.
Or how my baby girl has gone half mad for some reason or the other and is determined to have us lose our sanity.
Or how my gums ache and hurt because they're bruised in the two places where my toothbrush slipped.
Or how, after everything, I just feel. drained.
Drained and tired.

The whole train-ride home, all I wanted to do was curl up on my tiny bed and cry.
It's been a while,
but I need a hole to crawl into now.

And holes are always nice

No comments: