Saturday, July 18, 2009

C'est La Vie

Okay, so some things aren't fair. Sometimes we just can't catch a break. Sometimes everything we want to work will fall apart in our hands.
But there isn't much else to do beside have a lovely glass of wine, a nice cognac dipped cigar and move on.

All the love in the world aside,
I still hurt at the implications the conversation brought out. Love him as I might, I don't think it was fair for assumptions to be made like that and conclusions jumped to, especially because less than 10% of his time is spent with me.
It's not his fault, but it's also not mine.
And I think, all things being equal (not really) and considering what I have (or have not) had,
there are some things that I should be allowed to assume I will get. Regardless.
Okay, that sounds a bit brattier than I meant.

What I mean to say is, there are just a couple of things a kid can assume to get from parents.
No, a car is not one of them, because it is not a necessity.

If I can, I would sign on those dotted lines in a heartbeat. But you see, I shouldn't do it because you expect it of me. Because generally, that is not expected of children.
Or maybe it's just my warped perception of what children should be entitled to have.
Like free flow of alcohol, smokes and whathaveyou, but not the financial stability to pay their own school fees before a certain age.

All that vague shit that you are getting bored of reading aside,
it hurt more than I expected it to. But then I'm pretty sure I'm being a tad sensitive.
He had valid points to put forth, albeit in a less tactful way. And I love him all the same.
So that's that.


And.
according to my calculations, all's not over yet.
Besides, I ought to just lose weight and become a stripper.
The things us secondary school dropouts (okay not really:/) do to get ourselves back into the education system!
Like I said, C'est la vie.

No comments: