Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a dinky little update

Yes I know, it's been an incredibly long time. (To me, at least)
I've been disgustingly busy, especially in these days leading up to the trip.

There's so much that I want to say that I've forgotten half of it already.

Anyway,
lets start with the little things and see where I end up, shall we?

My right arm is aching like crap. thanks to me being all gungho and carrying back hundreds of worksheets and still proceeding to buy all the necessary files for them.

As of right now, I'm running a slight temperature (which has actually dropped since the morning). My throat is swollen, sore and feels like a little gnome is curled up inside and blocking my esophagus.

South East District meeting was on Saturday and I went down to make a thirty second speech on The Plus Factor (which is the youth side of Big IS Gorgeous).
I'm in the magazine that was given out! Yay Me((:
The Little Creature came down to watch it and eat nice foodies.

After church that night, I hung out with the people from Vineyard Singapore and watched
Made Of Honour.
It's quite similar to My Best Friend's Wedding though, of course, the latter is far better.
That's purely because I'm bias though, and I do admit that.

Anyway, Made of Honor had me crying from about mid-way through the show and right til the end. It didn't make my favourites-list but then, movies rarely do. (I've only got two on my favourite-list and they don't ever change)
I absolutely loved the show, I really really did.

There were bits that were so poignant to me, and yet, to anybody else, would have been no more than another three seconds of the show.
Well, you know me, ever the emotional-wreck.
I was rather close to bawling, which wouldn't have been in a good idea, considering the cinema was quite full.

Cabbed it back with Alastair, talking about the movie, real life and bits of real-life that end up like movies, or otherwise.




HAPPY BELATED MOMMY'S DAYYYYYYYYYYY!

This was on Sunday, May 11th.
Just in case you didn't know.

I left for Church in the morning, had a lovely breakfast with fantastic coffee,
cried (for the third time in two days) and then stayed back during lunch to sort out the picture book which we'll be giving to the kids in Chiang Mai.

Took mommy out for dinner in the evening, with TLC.
Booked a place at Lawry's which had a lovely Mother's Day thing going on.
Had a fantastic time, and will post pictures up quite soon.

To Mommy:
I hope you had a lovely time, Happy Mother's Day.
I know I don't say it often enough but,
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU ((((((((:

May 11th was ALSOOOOOOO
PADDY PADDYLICIOUS' BIRTHDAY!!!!

sooooooooo
HAPPY BELATED SWEET SIXTEENTH TO YOU SWEETHEART!
I'm sorry that your birthday party's gonna be a fantastically belated one but nonetheless,
I'm looking forward to it! (Well, clearly, since I'm organizing it.)

SIDE NOTE:

THOSE WHO I'VE TEXTED ABOUT THE PARTY CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE REPLY BEFORE I PUNCH YOUR FACE!
Okay, no i won't do that literally.
But at least let me know if you're gonna make it. ((:


I spent late Sunday night with Enqing, Victor (who joined us later) and some of Enqing's friends.
This included his Mrs Chee who (GASP!) I finally met in person!
I'd say Mrs Chee and the other two guys were pretty nice, soccer-absorbed but not to the extent that one feels invisible. haha.
It was a lovely night, and quite different from the late nights out I am used to aka lots of piss, throw up, make outs and broken glass.

WHICH REMINDS ME!
WHEN WILL YOU GUYS (Vee/ Zool/ Ann/ Paul/ Bird/ Eme etc etc)
BE FREE TO GO OUT.
KNN
YOU GUYS ARE SO BUSY (gee, i should speak for myself eh. haha) THAT WE HAVEN'T BEEN OUT FOR PISSED-DRUNK NIGHTS IN LIKE A GAZILLION YEARS!

I miss you, I really do):

Back to my update:
Monday was fab. Had dinner at Enqing's house, sorted out my teaching materials, mundane stuff which you're not going to bother reading on about.

I went for an audition today, which was really nice.
Very drawn to the script and the character. The guy I'm liasing with gives me a really good vibe, which these days, is very important to me.
At the same time, most places which give me a bad vibe never allowed me the possibly unpleasurable experience of working there.

So here I am,
at 6pm.
My bags aren't packed though i've picked up all that I need.
The little gnome in my throat has shifted into a more comfortable position for himself, and a less comfortable one for me.
I've got a headache, freezing cold fingers and a desperate need to sleep off the sick-feeling lest i board the plane with a fever and get punched by Victor.

I shall head off then, for a wee nap and with the intent of blogging tomorrow before I leave and yada yada.

To those leaving for Chiang Mai first:
Uncle Lye Heng, Deming, Sabs and Lydia-
Have a safe trip and try not to kill each other!
We'll see you on Thursday in another country! ((((:

Gosh, I am rather excited about the trip now((:



Toodles!

No comments: