Wednesday, December 9, 2009

being a mommy

My reason to tuck myself in at night, even when the troll in me wants to stay up late eating children.
My reason to wake up in the mornings, to rush home after work. To hop on one foot as I wait for my flight back to Singapore.

They give me something to blog about, just as I've decided I'm too zonked to even be alive. They make me smile to myself in my bedroom, empty and quiet. They make me sit up and stare at them for just a bit longer before squirming under the sheets.

I don't know how it is even remotely possible to feel all the things that I do.
They're my darlings, my little baby angels. They were Christmas presents in February and September.
They're everything to me and I just love them so incredibly much. Yes they knock things over and sometimes ruin things that are brand new. But those things are replaceable and they are not.

How many cats mew desperately and crawl into your lap for a snuggle while you're on the computer? How many cats scratch at your bedroom door, just because they want to fall asleep with you and not because they're hungry?
How many, despite hissing at each other, roll their eyes and then curl up back to back just so they can sleep with mommy? (especially when they can NEVER sleep together)


So this is my life.
I've got the two most beautiful babies in the world. I wake up to their kisses and their cold noses and their purring and their kneading.
I love them so so SO much


<3

No comments: