Monday, December 14, 2009

The furry cup

My my, well aren't I just grotesque!
I always go on about people who don't update their blogs regularly and just look at what has become of me! GASP.

I've gotten lazy, is what's happened.
bah.

So anyway, after much bumming around in the week since getting back from Hong Kong, I finally went back for Muay Thai. With the influx of new students, it's been incredibly hard to get a decent work out these days. But to my lovely surprise, I had an entire class to myself this afternoon.
So, after two rounds of bag work and four rounds of pad work (he usually only does 2-3 rounds), I had a full three rounds of sparring!

Okay, so I got punched in the eye once and got kicked a lot ( i really need to get better at defending. garsh) But i did get a few decent kicks and counter-attacks in. So yay me!
I'm starting to miss chilling by the pool a bit though. hmm.
Either ways, I'm usually like insanely happy right after. Tired out, but awfully happy.
(:

Oh yes, just to make for an interesting read (not really), here's what happened to me today.
It was one of my ogre days and i'd decided not to bathe right after Muay Thai. So i stuck myself right at the back of the bus and about half an hour into the bus ride, this big dude sits beside me. By that time the bus was reasonably crowded of course.
After a full ten minutes (at least) of him peering at my phone and blatantly turning to look right at me, he finally asked,
"This bus, does it go to Hougang Central?"
"yes." I reply,
"Oh," he laughs, "Thanks. I'm more familiar with the train."
"Ah, I see." I reply, smiling politely.

As I turn away again however, he suddenly points at my phone.
"I heard something from you this phone, is it your speaker very good?"
"uhm," I think, "well actually my music's just kinda loud. but the speakers are good i suppose."
Then it continued into this mindless natter about this nokia phone and that nokia phone. Just as my intestines were making their way up my gullet and out my mouth to strangle me, he went,
"So, you're Singaporean?"

WHAT A WEIRD QUESTION.
This is why it's weird:
If you feel the need to check whether or not I'm from your country, then something's telling you that I just might not be. If that is the case, why to phrase the question like that? You, my friend, would have had extra points if you'd asked, "You're not from Singapore are you?" or at the VERY least, "Are you from Singapore?"
Gosh, even your getting-to-know-you questions sound accusative!
"SO, YOU'RE SINGAPOREAN?"

"No actually," I say, mentally rolling my eyes so far back in my head that they've fallen onto my intestines that were snaking their way up my gullet.
"I'm from UK."
"AH!" he says, knowingly, "No wonder you've got a Cockney accent!" He smiles at the cleverness of his statement.
HELLO YOU BLOODY DIMBAT! DO YOU EVEN HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT A BLOODY COCKNEY ACCENT SOUNDS LIKE?
YOU DAFT, INSULTING, TWIT-HEADED MORON! And he CLEARLY thought himself very clever.
I was literally too stunned to punch him.
"Which part are you from?" He asks, happily.
"Kent."
"Ah!" He nods knowingly again, "Kents!"
It's Kent you ignorant fool! There is no plural!
"Yes," I reply, "but I didn't grow up there, so this accent I have, it's not Cockney. Nothing like it at all."
"Ah" HE NODS KNOWINGLY AGAIN.
sure.
After some more mindless natter and random questions I hop off the bus. Finally.
ugh.



Some people. Oh, some people.
Just like the other day! But then, I'd best keep that story for a separate entry, hadn't I?
Because at this rate, I could do multiple entries everyday!

Besides, I ought to work at getting my biological clock back to working condition. Bloody hell.


ta!

1 comment:

littlemissfat said...

hey charis! how are you? remember me? your clubbing buddy from the US? haha

i update my blogs regularly! you should link me!

www.littlemissfat.blogspot.com

Michelle :)