Sunday, September 27, 2009

and please God, won't those happy places find me again?

The smell of coffee, the beeping of cars. School bells going off and the sound of metal shutters as they roll up and slam against the top of the frame.

One morning, I will forget to wake up.
My cat will need to be fed, my dustbin will need to be emptied out.

But there will still be the smell of coffee, the beeping of cars. School bells going off and the sound of school shoes slapping against concrete pavement as they run to the gate. Shops will open, my cat will call and morning cigarettes will be lit. Briefcases will snap shut, and makeup bags zipped close. Folders will fall, scattering its contents while high heels and shiny black shoes walk briskly past.

One morning,
I will forget to wake up.

No comments: