Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Now she's laced, entwined

with the stories that are threaded intricately into my veins, weaving in and out of my pores.
sometimes, sometimes
I half wonder if she knows me better than myself.

I love Christmas, but this time of the year always seems to bring a solid sort of ache.
It almost feels like I'm exactly where I was two years ago,
and the thing is, if I really think about it,
I'm actually not that far off.

I can see it coming already, but I'm trying to hold on to myself and what I have.
Maybe because I'm scared. Yes, perhaps that's it. I'm afraid of myself, a bit.
Without even pretending to understand though, she's always been able to hold me just right,
so I can already imagine breathing.


Car is parked, bags are packed, but what kind of heart doesn't look back
At the comfortable glow from the porch, the one I will still call yours?
All those words came undone and now I'm not the only one
Facing the ghosts that decide if the fire inside still burns

All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe
Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something
Out of breath, I am left hoping someday I'll breathe again
I'll breathe again

Open up next to you and my secrets become your truth
And the distance between that was sheltering me comes in full view
Hang my head, break my heart built from all I have torn apart
And my burden to bear is a love I can't carry anymore

All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe
Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something

Out of breath, I am left hoping someday I'll breathe again


No comments: