Sunday, December 19, 2010

You're going to need a break sometime soon...


I miss seeing you happy.
Like, completely and utterly, whole-heartedly happy. The sort of happy that feels like a fist unclenching, that feels like you're speeding on the freeway with the roof of your car down.
The sense of abandonment that makes the rest of the world seem like a trainwreck you've stepped out of.

I wish I could take away all the bothersome things that you could very well do without. Make you pancakes on the weekend mornings, and kiss you goodnight just as you're about to fall asleep.
Take you to the quietest rivers with mini jafacakes in hand.
I'm not saying they'll make everything alright, or solve all the problems in the world. But it might just be the tiniest bit of a thing to smile at.

I miss seeing you happy.
I really, really do.


December 18th 2010, Saturday
10:51pm

No comments: