Sunday, August 14, 2011

Focus Walk

Find a point of focus
Walk towards that point of focus, do not let your eyes stray at any time or leave that point.
Walk heel to toe, feel your feet against the floor. Breathe.
Be aware of your breathing, take note when it changes or when it doesn't.
Be aware of your body, which part you lead with. Think about why.
Don't let your focus shift.
Keep your eyes on that point of focus, and when you reach that point of focus, turn sharply and find your next point of focus and walk towards that point.
It is important to keep everything else in your peripherals and not be distracted.
Get in touch with yourself as you walk- heel to toe, heel to toe.

If someone comes into your path, slow down, halt, let the person pass but do not take your eyes off your focus point. Continue toward that point when the person has passed you by.
When you have reached that focus point, turn and find a new focus point.



When you have reached that focus point, turn and find a new focus point.


When you have reached that focus point, turn and find a new focus point.

When you have reached that focus point, turn and find a new focus point.
---------------------

When the rest of the world doesn't make sense, I go back to the theatre.
I go back to what I know, what I do best. I go back to what is my home, go over basic rules and concepts that I know better than myself, movements that are muscle memory.
I reach for what flows in my veins, dances with my shadows, laces my breath.

And I go back into the space.
Mostly this space, (more than the boxing ring)
until the world is a blur and I am centred again.

No comments: