Friday, March 12, 2010

TRIP TO THAILAND PART I - beginning of the first day

*I typed this out May 28th, 2008 at 3.50pm
I never published it because there was just always too much more to talk about and in the end, I just never told you anything.
So. this is better than nothing no?

It's nearly two years and I dont even look half the same. strange.
funny strange though


Yep, so here's the loooong overdue update.
What I'm going to try to do (don't blame me if it doesn't work) is to arrange the posts and pictures so that it tracks everything in complete order, from start to finish.

Yes, that's my OCD speaking but shutup, this is sooo for your convenience!
hahaha.
So basically I'm sort of blogging backwards so that this is the first thing you see and you'll scroll downwards for the rest of the trip!

GOSH aren't I brilliant!

Heeeere we goooo!

Coffee before we set off for the plane ride!
Victor and I got there ages before time because well, I looove the airport(:
And guess what! This time I'm actually flying and I'm not a pathetic soul who's hoping to fly!
(((:

Nigel spent the two hour plane ride watching movies!

I spent it sleeping. heh.

This was in Bangkok! The first thing we saw!
Well actually, it was after we ate and were heading off for our ten hour bus ride.
awwwwww
The bus is made up to look like a plane.
Except, the bus ride was wayyyy wayyy better than our plane ride. haha
There were massage chairs and blankets and food.
And the thing is, i loooove bus rides.
YAY ME!
Victor couldn't sleep though. Poor thing.
Yep, and they've got this not-very-pretty uniforms.
WHY ARE WE WAITING!
WHY ARE WE WAAAAITING!

BAGS I THE WINDOW SEAT! (as always, except for on the plane)
This is to my right,
and this is to my left! ((:

So after the fantastic ten hour bus ride, which was really more like seven or eight hours, we alighted, picked up our bags and hopped into a cab!


Except!
This cab's more of a sheltered pickup with an open back.


HELLO OLD MAN STARING AT ME STRANGELY!
coolios, no?

The boys and their repacking frenzy while i go trigger-happy!
That rhymes! (((:




I spy a little boy studying in a moving vehicle! ah hah!
Ass-looker!
Streets of Chiang Mai((:



His pissed-off face scared me, so i refocused back inside.
haha.

Pii Victor is stoning!
Pii Nigel catches up on sleep.
SEE LA! This is what happens when you don't sleep on the flight. hahaha

Hello handbag(:


We're turning in to our Chiang Mai hotel now! ((:


AND WE ARE HEEERE!

sooo
I rang up the room i'm sharing with Lydia and Sabs.

The room wasn't bad(:
I borrowed this picture from their camera!


So i dropped off my stuff in the room and we started our first day in Chiang Mai!

Sabs, Lydia and Deming were taking bets on who (out of Victor, Nigel and I) would have the most energy.
They said Nigel would have the most energy while I would be the most sluggish.
SO MEAN RIGHT!
BUT AH HAH! I PROVED THEM WRONG!

I bounded in and out of the room all chirpy and happy and excited while Nigel asked if he could nap while we had breakfast!
muahahaha

SO I TOTALLY WON! I WAS THE MOST ENERGY-FILLED!
For the first three hours anyway. hahaha

Then I completely withered up.

This is the other side of our hotel.
The glamorous side.



With pretty lifts.

Up those stairs is where we usually have breakfast.

I am telling you, this hotel was huuuge.
You had to walk like fooorever just to get to the other end.
And come ooon, if they tell you that they need your room number to determine which "wing" you're staying in, isn't that proof enough?

pfft.

The lady in the middle is Tina, Stefan's wife.

Hello Camewa!
Victor thought my shots weren't good enough, took the camera back and shot blurry photos instead!
hahaha

I'm hooome
Deming and I, with Tina, Stefan and Uncle Lye Heng in the background!

This is post breakfast.
Clearly, I was too tired and disoriented to take photographs of breakfast but I've got the following day's breakfast so it doesn't matter.

This thus marks the beginning of our FIRST DAY IN CHIANG MAI!

No comments: