Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time travelling, makes you forget your wine

SO.
It's been busy.
I can't quite believe we've sailed right into March and there's just such an insane mess of stuff to do, I feel like I'm going quite mad. I've got insane deadlines that I just absolutely cannot meet, too many unfinished drinks, and a desperate need to be back at my Muay Thai gym.

I don't even have time for the only thing that keeps me sane. But you know what, to hell with the illness and bull. I'm going back this Saturday.

My days, they threaded together to form this unending series of drinks, jugs of water, screaming, zoning out and having an average of 3-4 hours of sleep a night, bar none.
It was a crazy week, and I have barely managed to catch my breath before stepping into real life.
So just in case you've been wondering, no, last week wasn't my usual routine.

My life consists of children, lesson plans, dinners with my family and saturday night drinks with my best friends. The pool, when I get the chance, and Muay Thai, three times a week.
Everything's sort of been thrown out of the window for the last two weeks though.
It's taking tremendous effort to get back on track.

So it's the birthday month, and the last thing on my mind right now is the birthday because, honestly, WHERE IS ALL THIS MESS COMING FROM.
It's madness it is, and I'm ill like only the devil and his minions can make me.

I met a tonne of people within the week. A fair bit were interesting, some less so. Some well, had issues but I mean, I didn't get the brunt of it so it was just amusing to watch.
It's Bella's 24th today, and we're going to have this do about what you ought to be doing at 24.
Which is fun, because we're probably all in the different phases of the 24 in any case.

At 24 though, flying off because you've had enough, that's ballsy. Not everyone can pull it off though and a good bunch crawl back with their tail between their legs. I doubt she'd do that.

Enough of this rant,
I need to hop into the shower and wash last night's crusts off me.
And then go terrorize little children of course.
There's always parts of the job you love, no?(:

Have a good rest of the week, furry people!

No comments: