Thursday, October 22, 2009

I never kid when I talk about how much I love work

...despite the fact that I was throwing together my stuff for an invoice that I need to get sent out, and that I was doing this on an hour-long bus ride on what happened to be a non-air-conditioned bus during peak hours.

I did get off feel like I was very very pregnant and like I would freaking collapse on the road and vomit in my mouth. I felt clammy and uncomfortable but I marched myself to the juice stall where I picked up dinner, met Becs, said "Hello" and sounded like a guy, and then went up for rehearsals.

So I'm like, munching on an orange and my boss comes up to me with a huge brown paper bag from Body Shop.

Nora: Take.
C: omgomg! my hands are dirty, wait ah! Tissue please!
Jo: Where's the tissue?
C: I don't know, forget it.
(I go back to her and stare at the bag)
C: My hands are still dirty but nehhmind la.
Jo: oh here! found the tissue!
C: ohoh thanks!
Nora: aiyoh I'm getting irritated already lah, here you go!

and she pulls out a bottle of really nice soap and gives it to me:D

TEE HEEEEEEE

It's smells super duper uber nice!
And right after this post, I'm going to lather up and smell of tangerines!(:

We're getting closer to performance date. I'm a bit jittery. I feel like there's so much more for me to do. I don't feel like I'm giving enough and I hate it I hate it I hate it.
I feel like I'm trying to give my all but I'm not, not really. And I can't stand it.
Because when it comes to theatre, I always give more than everything I've got. And I don't understand why it doesn't feel like I'm giving enough.

But then, perhaps we've grown a bit old from the day-to-day of it all.
So we've been given the day off (although it's not really a day off for me because I've got to go for rehearsals for another show) and we'll meet again the following day.
There aren't any reasons, I feel.

I mean, as dry as the jokes get, as unfresh as the scenes are to us, it is solely our responsibility to keep it fresh and crisp like we've just heard/seen it for the first time.
With that knowledge, and also with the break that comes with tomorrow,
I hope Friday will turn out to be insanely high-energy. I hope we'll pick it all up instead of being all jello-ed.

I hope I put in more than I've ever put in before.

No comments: