Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lord of the Silent Blogger!

Why hello hello!

Feels like forever since I've bothered with the daily updates and tweets.
Yes, it's been busy and tiring but it's been insanely fulfilling at the same time.
God, I was born to do this and oh, the rush!
(:

Anyhoos,
Lord Of The Flies, being incredibly movement-intensive, I figured I ought to do more rather than just moving about when I'm on set.
SO, I've finally gotten off my ass and signed up for Muay Thai. Private classes, most are. Okay not really, I just pick time slots with no one around so that I get private classes(:
Bird joined me yesterday, in fact. Was quite quite fun:D:D
Yesterday was very nice because my instructor said I was especially good. TEEHEE:D

So I've completely gone off smokes, I do Muay Thai three times a week and swim twice week.
Aren't I just a healthy bunny! I like I like!

Rehearsals have been very fruitful. We've gotten a lot of stuff sorted out and costumes are more or less done. I'm insanely happy now and getting quite excited!

The show's in exactly six days and secretly, even though we've been talking about taking out one rehearsal, I don't think we need to. Kind of because I really enjoy rehearsals and also, because it's one of the things I'm going to miss when everything's over.

The thing about theatre that I love and hate at the same time, is the intensity of it all. For the weeks or months that rehearsals are on-going, you get drawn into this alternate reality.
A world where, like in my case, council girls turn on each other, animalistic behaviour or plain insane savagery becomes something one actively chooses.
It's so crazy, but it comes with this lovely rush.
But then, when it's all over, you wake up half wondering what to do with yourself.
You pick up the bamboo poles to do the laundry and think about how it could be used to kill someone. You fidget with the clean wash and wonder why it's not bloodied and ripped.
You feel sand beneath your feet, even though you're stepping on parquet floors.

The euphoria is addictive, but the post-performance blues hit you hard.
Thinking about it now almost makes me wish we were back to the very beginning of rehearsals.

Okay. No sad thoughts until it's all over!
and ooooh, the excitement pulsing through my veins!


Can't wait for you guys to see it! I know I haven't told a loooot of people about it. It's quite tough, with the limitations of seats.
Okay so, it's on the
27th and 28th of October. Next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Two time slots a day: 10am-12noon/ 3pm-5pm
Singapore Repertory Theatre
Tickets are $35.
The only available seats left right now are on Tuesday afternoon/morning (i think).
The 28th is completely sold out):

Let me know asap if you'd like to come!

No comments: