Monday, November 10, 2008

this is life

So today was the first day of my string of tiring days.
It was relatively fun.
Other than the microphones (ALL FOUR OF THEM) failing on us IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR SHOW.
Not just any show, mind you,
but THE LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR.

I went home, took more meds, ate cereal and went back to bed before waking up and going back to work.
Drama Workshop was fun/great/crazy/productive albeit rather weird.
Like when this one tiny kid kept pressing his palms together and then finally, looked up at me and said,
"If you're on our team, we will win. I know because I can tell the future."

Fantastic yo.

A lot of ugly sides of the kids came out, and it doesn't solve things by giving me the whole,
"boys will be boys" spew.
Because I don't think having a dick gives you the right to slam someone to the ground and drag him around, side-of-face-down, on the floor.
I also do not think having a dick gives you the right to tell a fellow member of your species,
"YOU BETTER ACT OR YOU WILL KANA FROM ME AGAIN."

Very strange, nine year olds of today.

It DID have it's funny moments though.
Like...
"OKAY EVERYONE, GET INTO YOUR TWO CIRCLES. LETS SEE WHO FORMS THE CIRCLE FIRST!"
(group closest to me)
"wah lao, hurry up lah Benjamin. So slow, see la, make us lose."
(Benjamin is a tiny kid lugging a huge water bottle)
"WAH LAO YOUR FAULT OKAY, KNN! YOU PUSH ME OUT ONE HOR."

I'm sure I'll have more tales from the next two days.
That is, when I'm done blowing my nose and coughing out my intestines.
For now, I'll leave you with the best meetings you can ever go for. (you be wishing you were me!)


Five of us are sitting around planning the programme for the Drama Workshop. Our boss (Nora) always makes us try out the stuff we suggest, to see if they're do-able.
One of our activities were role-playing. So we had to act as primary school kids, ACTING. Get it?
SO,
Scene One: Kid A= Boss= kid with lots of pocket money, Kid B= Me = kid with no pocket money

Nora (acting as kid A): Today I want to buy Nasi Lemak, green tea, sushi and and and and,
eh! what you going to buy today ah?
Me (Kid B): uhhh. I don't know.
Nora: HAHA YOU NO MONEY RIGHT! WHY, YOU POOR AH! YOU POOR AH!
Me: No No! I'm not! But today can lend me money anot?
Nora: WAH LAO, yesterday lend you fifty cents, day before lend you twenty cents. you pay me back then I lend you!
Me: I cannot, I forgot to bring. So today you lend me then I tomorrow pay you back
Nora: EVERYDAY FORGET TO BRING MONEY. YOU POOR AH! YOU POOR AH! GO AND DIE LAH

Scene Two: Kid A= Boss= Kid who failed, Kid B= Me= High Scorer
Me: EH I GOT NINETY FOR MY MATHS LEH (ya right!) HOW MUCH YOU GOT?
Nora: Nothing I don't know, go away!
Me: AH HA! I CAN SEE, STOP TRYING TO HIDE OKAY! YOU FAIL RIGHT! HAHA YOU FAIL!
Nora: No I never , I never, go away!
Me: HAHAHA YOU FAIL! YOU STUPID RIGHT! THAT'S WHY YOU FAIL! YOU STUPID!
Nora: I'M NOT! I'M NOT! YOU GO AND DIE LAH!

hahahahahahahahahah

Nora: Christ, everything also Go and Die, quite sad right?

-------------------

Today ended off really nicely, I got to nap at like about six-ish. I knocked out properly for about an hour while Victor read the papers outside):
(omgomgomg I am SO SO SO sorry. I still can't get over that)
Then we had smoked salmon soup for dinner.
I wish I could've tasted more of it): Bloody cold!

Bedtime for me!

No comments: