Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BUGGER ALL.

For Chrissakes, I cannot stand being put on hold for fifteen fucking minutes!
And all because I needed to speak to someone at the ICA building to save an entire fucking trip down.
It's fine if i know exactly what I'm doing, but I'm afraid I don't.

Anyways, I lodged a complaint.
Go on, have a read:

To start off with, the information I needed couldn't be found on the website, and so making a call was necessary in order to avoid a waste of a trip down to the ICA.

I rang up the "24 hour service hotline". I apologize if I sound irate but it seems impossible that a 24 hour service hotline can be engaged or completely unavailable for two hours straight. I called once every ten, fifteen minutes for an hour and a half before the phone actually rang. Thereafter I requested to speak to a customer service officer.
Believe it or not, I have been put on hold for a full twenty minutes, just waiting to speak with a human being. Of course, this twenty minutes has been punctuated with someone telling me to either keep holding on or call back later. However, considering how long it took before the phone was not engaged, and I was able to get through to something albeit a machine, I'm not keen on hanging up just yet.

I am desperate to speak with someone in person with regards to sorting out my passport since its renewal (I'm not a citizen, you see). I have no idea what steps to take and it would have been an otherwise easy task, as soon as I can speak to someone.

I'd understand fully if this was the lunch hour but I don't see how all your customer service officers can be busy from 1pm - 3pm, due to "high call volume". It seems quite unbelievable I must say.

Now, considering the time, and that the ICA building closes in two hours and I need to get my things sorted out by today, I will now have to make a trip down.

Please sort out some kind of system that allows us to speak to a real person in the case that we do need to. Robots, apparently, don't understand when we speak into the mouthpiece. I think it has something to do with the fact that they have no ears and therefore, cannot hear.

No comments: