Wednesday, February 6, 2008

heads you win, tails i lose

I watched him.
Held his hand and brought him there myself, i did.

Felt him drop my hand and walk, far ahead of me, to the edge of the cliff.
Watched him walk right up there, ignoring the calling of his name by a voice even i couldn't recognize as my own.
He turned round, smiling at me. Telling me exactly what he was going to do, how he was going to do it and how he felt.
"Stop it," I told him harshly, but my words were returned only with a smile.

I watched him.
Watched him as he turned back to blow me a kiss, before he threw himself off.

I ran to the edge, in time to see his body, his skin, a bag for the broken bones inside,
upon the dry rocks below.

It wouldn't have been so bad if...
But now, that's a lie because, either ways, nobody wins.

Whichever way it turns out,
i'm the one standing in the harsh wind, staring at the empty space where someone once stood.

No comments: