Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The length of a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on

dayum.
I missed an awesome nuffnang contest that asked us to write about whether or not Singaporeans dress badly.
YA THINK?!

Okay, not everyone, but many many people. Unfortunately mostly from the young working crowd. Half of them look like they're sixteen year olds in their mommy's shoes and somehow, it looks too small (the shoes i mean) rather than too big.

But enough. Deadline's up):
dayum!

ON ANOTHER NOTE.

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

this came up on Explosm today. I love things that are so true, and put so simply.

By the way Kris, you suck. You are NOT funny in the least and you should totally get off the fucking team.

I went out with Alastair today, which was very nice because we haven't hung out properly in really really long. HOWEVER I did something utterly stupid, like wear my gorgeous brand new Aldo heels out and deciding AGAINST bringing extra shoes. I got blisters):
As usual, the day brought all the little things that never fail to surprise me. Like how people can be so incredibly inconsiderate. Like how sometimes you feel evil but feel like smacking the lady who's hogging the seat BECAUSE MY FEET FELT LIKE THEY WERE BLEEDING AND SHE STARED AT ME NONCHALANTLY.

I've also decided that I'm bringing baby buttons in for her review and vac earlier, so that I can spend more time with her. I'll do Thursday instead of like, Sunday.
Because I'll be mysteriously disappearing on Monday, I don't want her to be all distressed and upset and turn herself into a black cotton-puff.

------------------------

On a much less frivolous note (not that Buttons' Vaccination is frivolous),
I found myself wondering how come sometimes you can work so incredibly hard for something and have it fall flat. It feels like such an impossible thing to deal with, and honestly, I'm just so so sorry. I want to be here for you even though I know I do not have anything of comfort to say and tea doesn't solve everything.
I wish it wasn't so painful, I really do. But I know it is, and it must feel so incredibly shitty. And all I can come up with is an I'm sorry because I can't find anything else to say. I said don't let it get you down, but it will for sure.
I guess, what you shouldn't do, is blame yourself. Because at the end of the day, you know you tried, you know you managed to get into all the universities. I think you've done all that you can possibly do and at the very least, you should know it's not because you weren't good enough.
I'm not very good with all the comfort words and support but, I love you. And I'm right here if you need to talk.

No comments: