Sunday, September 14, 2008

On mooncake day

I know I know,
I need to shut the fuck up about Lizzy the Lezzie.
She is just sooo incredibly addictive.

Anyhoos.
In case I didn't talk much about yesterday's event, it was very nice.
A bit messed, as events always turn out to be, but quite fine.

Believe it or not,
the band who was easiest to talk to and who surprised me most,
was Cigarette Sex.

I'm not just saying it because Bunny is Lian's girlfriend.
One always tends to have a vague idea of people before actually knowing them.
And well, I kind of assumed that they might be the sort who had a tendency of being all-consumed by their genre of music.
As it turns out, not only could I actually talk to them, I also realized that their taste in music varies. They don't just sit around listening to the same sort of music day in day out.
One or two of them (I think it was the drummer and the guitarist) actually play jazz and blues sometimes.
Always a shocker, I say.
But definitely nice to know.

On the other hand,
I simply must mention how I can't stand cocky, I'm-too-good-for-you-because-I'm-a-musician attitude. I'm not saying anyone yesterday had that, it's just a topic that's come up recently.
Anyway, Vee's said her piece and I'm too damn lazy to go on about it.
After all, people tend to get offended easily.
What you'll realize though, is that the best bands/people to work with are those who are right in the middle of it.

I guess it's because they're at that point in their career where, they love what they're doing and they're where they need to be. They're not starting out, asking to do a couple more songs here and there for a few more minutes of fame. They're also not jaded and tired with bad breath and telling everyone else how they've been in it for forty years and now what they're doing.



Anyhoos.
HAPPY MOONCAKE DAY.
I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN MOONCAKE-ING AROUND AND MOONCAKE-ING AROUND!

1 comment:

Shar said...

Stalk, stalk charis. Man i sound sick.